Thursday, December 23, 2010

What Happened To Angela Devi





Here, in these days, having no other current projects, I put the hands of the Christmas Double Flip from Lizzie Kate.
Individually they are very simple, the fact is that I am 12 ..

So I decided to "enrich" la lavorazione fermandomi a riflettere sul significato di ciascun flip.. e niente è più adatto dell'atmosfera natalizia per certi pensieri!!


 
Holly : che buffo.. mi ero preparata tutta una serie di divagazioni filosofiche sul concetto di "santo" e di "sacro", su ciò che per me è sacro al di là della Chiesa e delle chiese... per poi rendermi conto solo alla fine che il flip dice "holly" e non "holy"... che cantonata!!!!
Agrifoglio, vischio.. non son sicura di sapere neanche bene la differenza! Come dicevo qualche post fa, però, a casa nostra da diversi anni un alberello di agrifoglio ha sostituito il classico albero di Natale: mia madre lo addobba con tanto di lucine e con decorazioni diverse di anno in anno. E poi, diligentemente, passate le feste lo riaccompagna in terrazza.. pronta a riportarlo dentro al Natale successivo!


Stocking : mi sa che la calza qui da noi è un tema legato esclusivamente alla Befana, e non al Natale.. A casa mia, poi, la presenza della calza è sempre stata discontinua, anche quando eravamo bambini (ci siete arrivate? esatto, i miei genitori non sono mai stati particolarmente tradizionalisti..). Un anno, però, mia madre si deve essere commossa alle nostre rimostranze, ed ha pensato bene di prepararci comunque una calza (altro colored ones that you see today: she happily threw on a pair of long socks for men, whom he later gave to my father: 4-5 birds with a stocking, in fact ...). Then, okay, he has his excuse: he worked even on holidays, did the cooking for a large number of people, and has never been very informed about the various types of sweets available in the market .. Today, after the age of 30, I can justify it, eh?
However, imagine my face when the morning I found myself in his hands only a sock full of bounty .... only if I see a piece of coconut, I still feel sick rooms!



Cookies: I love, love literally, the tradition of Christmas cookies .. Beba are mad years before gave me the stencil of Gingerman .. and in fact last year I started work with the help of my granddaughter Chiara very valuable and we baked a lot 'of cakes .. just that .. I say it? I do not like ginger! So this year we will cinnamon .. and better prepared in the traditional Sicilian pastries filled with a gorgeous dough made of figs, jam, pine nuts, raisins .. just about anything! And here I also thank Frank for advice on the recipe!
Tomorrow, probably, you will see photos of my culinary experiments ..

0 comments:

Post a Comment